News & Events
MIDDLE SCHOOL PLAY - MARY POPPINS JR.
Please consider purchasing and ad in the playbill to give a “shout-out “ to a your fav actor or crew kid! The middle schoolers love looking through the book to find an ad full of fun and encouraging words from friends and family! The younger students love looking through it too, and they love getting autographs from the play cast/crew at the end of a performance! We would also love to include an advertisement for your business! Reserve your spot now! All the money from the ads go towards costumes, lighting/sound, directors fees and all the little details that make the musical a special event. Thanks for your support!
FORMED: a website from the Augustine Institute known as “Catholic Netflix”
Register at formed.org - parish code VT2R48
God could have saved us in any number of ways, but he chose the hardest way… to set aside the glory of his divinity and enter the world as a baby in order to die on the cross to redeem us from within our own humanity.
Join SOCIAL MINISTRY on January 13th at the Good Shepherd Home
On January 13th, we will be returning to Good Shepherd Services in University City to clear out some unused space and construct an office for staff. As always, we will meet at the Lourdes parking lot at 8:30 a.m, and should be done around 1:00 p.m. All are welcome; no special skills are needed.
Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance. Reports of abuse may be made to any Pastor or to:
Sandra Price, Director
Office of Child & Youth Protection
Missouri Department of Social Services Children's Division Hotline Reporting Number: 1.800.392.3738.
Volunteering for OLOL? New to the Parish or School and want to Volunteer?
There are lots of way to volunteer with OLOL...if your volunteer work involves working with children (sports, school activities, scouts, children's liturgy) or working with adults in need (homebound, St. Vincent de Paul, etc.) we would love you to assist. However, you must attend a Protecting God's Children Workshop and complete necessary paperwork prior to volunteering. You are required to attend the workshop once, but paperwork is required for each parish location for which you volunteer. Sign up for a workshop today! Any questions, please contact the Child Safety Coordinator for OLOL, Deb McCarthy at 726-6200.
Go to masstimes.org to find a Mass across the US and throughout the world.
ENROLLMENT TIMELINE FOR 2018–2019 SCHOOL YEAR
January 16 – January 26
· Students currently enrolled who will be returning
· Prospective students of parishioners who have siblings in school
January 29 – February 2
· Children who will be new to Our Lady of Lourdes, whose parent(s) are parishioners, and who do not have siblings currently attending Our Lady of Lourdes
· Children who will be new to Our Lady of Lourdes, whose parents are non-parishioners and who have siblings currently attending Our Lady of Lourdes
February 5 – February 9
· Students who are new to Our Lady of Lourdes and whose parent(s) are non-parishioners, and who do not have siblings attending Our Lady of Lourdes.
· Among non-parishioners, priority will be given first to Catholic students and then to non-Catholic students.
Reminders for Prospective Kindergartners:
· Must be 5 years old by August 1, 2018
· Provide a copy of the child’s baptismal certificate (if not baptized at Our Lady of Lourdes)
· Provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate
· Kindergarten Readiness Assessment given by Our Lady of Lourdes on March 19 and 20, 2018 (This is part of the application process)
NOTE: If more students at the same priority level apply than are available spaces, then the Principal and the Pastor, who have final discretion in admission decisions, may employ the use of a lottery system.
My Parish App
Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
7148 Forsyth Blvd.
St. Louis, Missouri 63105
Weekend Mass Schedule
Saturday Vigil: 5:00pm
Sunday: 7:30am, 9:00am (Children's Liturgy of the Word)
11:00am (Choir), 5:00pm