Our Lady of Lourdes School is a Catholic elementary school whose mission is to provide spiritual formation and academic instruction to children in kindergarten through eighth grade.
My Parish App
News & Events
FORMED: a website from the Augustine Institute known as “Catholic Netflix”
Register at formed.org - parish code VT2R48
God could have saved us in any number of ways, but he chose the hardest way… to set aside the glory of his divinity and enter the world as a baby in order to die on the cross to redeem us from within our own humanity.
Let this Advent be a time for our parish to meditate deeply on this reality. Join us on a parish wide study of ANIMA at Formed.org, located in the Lourdes Parish content.
OLOL BLOOD DRIVE
Did you know that more than 1.69 million people are expected to be diagnosed with cancer in 2017? Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment. Please sign up to donate at the upcoming OLOL Blood Drive on Sunday, December 17. Go to www.redcross.org, click on “Give Blood,” then “Find a Blood Drive,” then type Lourdes in the box in the upper left. Questions? Contact Kathleen Gund, firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.662.0043.
Our Lady of Lourdes is Invited to a FREE CHRISTMAS CONCERT This Weekend!
St. Augustine parish pays tribute to Our Lady of Lourdes parish for all they have done. There is a free Christmas Concert at St. Augustine Church on Saturday, December 16th from 4-5:30 p.m. It will feature Maria Vargo, home from Hollywood, and the St. Augustine choir followed by Holiday Cheer in the parish hall. Mark your calendar and plan to attend!
St. Augustine Parish | 1371 Hamilton | 63112.
Questions: contact Deacon Ed Grotpeter at 314.814.7872
End of Year Contributions
Don’t let December get away from you! There is still plenty of time to make tax-deductible donations to the parish and the school. You can go online (www.ucitylourdes.org, click DONATE and GIVE ONLINE), or you may drop a check in the collection basket or simply mail your contribution to the Rectory Office, 7148 Forsyth Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63105. Your continuing generosity is always appreciated. Blessings to you!
Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance. Reports of abuse may be made to any Pastor or to:
Sandra Price, Director
Office of Child & Youth Protection
Missouri Department of Social Services Children's Division Hotline Reporting Number: 1.800.392.3738.
Volunteering for OLOL? New to the Parish or School and want to Volunteer?
There are lots of way to volunteer with OLOL...if your volunteer work involves working with children (sports, school activities, scouts, children's liturgy) or working with adults in need (homebound, St. Vincent de Paul, etc.) we would love you to assist. However, you must attend a Protecting God's Children Workshop and complete necessary paperwork prior to volunteering. You are required to attend the workshop once, but paperwork is required for each parish location for which you volunteer. Sign up for a workshop today! Any questions, please contact the Child Safety Coordinator for OLOL, Deb McCarthy at 726-6200.
Go to masstimes.org to find a Mass across the US and throughout the world.
ENROLLMENT TIMELINE FOR 2018–2019 SCHOOL YEAR
January 16 – January 26
· Students currently enrolled who will be returning
· Prospective students of parishioners who have siblings in school
January 29 – February 2
· Children who will be new to Our Lady of Lourdes, whose parent(s) are parishioners, and who do not have siblings currently attending Our Lady of Lourdes
· Children who will be new to Our Lady of Lourdes, whose parents are non-parishioners and who have siblings currently attending Our Lady of Lourdes
February 5 – February 9
· Students who are new to Our Lady of Lourdes and whose parent(s) are non-parishioners, and who do not have siblings attending Our Lady of Lourdes.
· Among non-parishioners, priority will be given first to Catholic students and then to non-Catholic students.
Reminders for Prospective Kindergartners:
· Must be 5 years old by August 1, 2018
· Provide a copy of the child’s baptismal certificate (if not baptized at Our Lady of Lourdes)
· Provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate
· Kindergarten Readiness Assessment given by Our Lady of Lourdes on March 19 and 20, 2018 (This is part of the application process)
NOTE: If more students at the same priority level apply than are available spaces, then the Principal and the Pastor, who have final discretion in admission decisions, may employ the use of a lottery system.
Campaign for Our Future Campus Improvements
Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
7148 Forsyth Blvd.
St. Louis, Missouri 63105
Weekend Mass Schedule
Saturday Vigil: 5:00pm
Sunday: 7:30am, 9:00am (Children's Liturgy of the Word)
11:00am (Choir), 5:00pm